Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mr. Coyote is Back

As you may recall, there is a coyote wandering around our complex. When I first saw it, and told my husband, he instantly said stuff like "coyotes won't hurt you", "don't move too fast", "what are you so afraid of?" and blah, blah, blah.

Well since then, a notice has gone out to all the residents about said coyote and all the things to do or not to do should you see it.

And alas, this morning...the bedroom light flicks on at 4:45am, husband is standing in the doorway shaking just a little. The coyote is back and was standing even closer to him than he was to me. Husband asks me to drive him to work. I laugh and say, yeah right. After all, IT'S 4:45am. I ask him if he did all the things we were supposed to do. And of course he didn't. He ran inside leaving his coffee on the table, dropping his cigarette to the ground, without even a second thought.

When I said goodbye to him as he walked to the bus, he was still shaking. I had to smile just a little. But of course, I watched until he was gone to make sure no wild animals were stalking him in the dark.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!