Thursday, June 16, 2011

Worms, Worms, Worms

It's been raining again. For more than a day. The worms are going to be forced from the ground once again and will be found slithering for cover, hoping they don't get trampled by angry feet.

The last time it rained like this, after the rain, I went out for a walk and found myself stopping to admire the slithery beasts, even took a picture. Will add it if I can get it off my Blackberry.

And I am going to see a man about some worms.

Back to the research. I've been kind of putting this off because honestly it involves three things I really don't like.

Worms. Dirt. Garbage.

But it has to be done for the sake of Caleb and Abel and Daddy. I need to know just what's been happening on that farm. To do that...I must start with the worms.

So I called the only worm farm I could find in Calgary. Worms @ Work If you're in need of really good compost, contact them. See, I promised I would do some promotion for them. More to come, I am sure.

And I am going to see them on Monday. Toddler and all. Wearing anything but out best-dressed. It's going to be a field trip. And I suspect, the toddler in tow will be as terrified of worms as she has recently been about mosquitoes and any other small flying insects.

I was reading a book last night. Actually a couple of books so I don't remember if it was bird by bird by Anne Lamott or Writing from Life by Heather Robertson, but one of these ladies said when she does research for one project, often more comes out of that research. For example, I am researching worm farming for a story I am working on, but at the same time, I have now created two blog posts on worms, and there is the potential for an article for Suite 101 on the subject and the Calgary-based company.

A little research can go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!