Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cranky Day

Not sure what's up with me today. I woke up seemingly in a good mood and then Bam! Just like that I was uber cranky. There is no logical reason for me to be this way. Julianne has been whiny today though. The whinier she gets the crankier I get. And while I am trying to sort the laundry she is getting into everything. Most days I am pretty patient, but today for some reason, it is just driving me crazy. It's not lost on me though that it's very possibly she's whiny and cranky because I am whiny and cranky and not the other way around.
The hubby just wants to clean and he wants to throw everything out. Things that have been important to me for many years but since we moved still remain in boxes. I know that if I haven't used them in a long time then I probably don't need them but there are just some things I don't want to part with. Books are a big one. I have a VERY hard time getting rid of books. And I know I collect more and more all the time. I probably have as many unread books as read books. But it's not the point. They are books and I love them so why should I have to get rid of them? But on the flip side, I hate clutter. Most of these books were in the storage closet underneath tons of other stuff. I wanted to grab them so I could sort through them but as soon as I open the storage room door I get this knot in my stomach and all ambition is gone.
He did get my books though and I made sure he didn't do anything with them. I sorted some and then I am going to sort the others and try and get them all organized. You should have seen the look I got when I asked him to take them to the bedroom. He knew that I would probably leave them there for the next few weeks or months and typically yes I probably would. But because of that look, I know I better do it today and prove him wrong.
Well must go get the laundry. Only number 3 load of 6. It's gonna be a long day. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!