Monday, May 24, 2010

Too Tired to Think Straight...

Each day I am reminded how much age plays a part in our well-being. Ever since the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I have had trouble sleeping. Well not so much trouble sleeping as trouble going to bed. If I try to go to bed at a reasonable hour I lay in bed for hours, staring at the ceiling or thinking about everything that may have transpired during the day or what could transpire in the future. So to avoid laying in bed wide awake I stay up trying to be productive. After everyone has gone to bed is the best time for me to get some writing done or do anything on the computer for that matter. Before I know it it's almost 2am and I know I have to go to bed because Julianne will be awake earlier than I want. So I finally make it to bed  in the early hours of the morning, and still I lay awake for at least an hour or more. Then what do you know, the little one is awake and I am forced to get away and try to make breakfast in a foggy haze. Or like this morning, drive the hubby to work in the same foggy haze. Everything comes out as a mumble this early in the morning. The words I say and the words the hear. All sound like blah, blah, blah. And I get cranky. Partly because I can't hear straight, partly because I can't talk straight so it's easier just to bark and moan. Even though I know it doesn't please anyone else. Hell it doesn't please me either. I would much rather still be snuggled cozy in the bed.
So what's on the list of things to do today? As little as possible if I can manage it. There is going to be enough to do in the coming days as we get ready for our holidays. I really should start making that so-called list of things to pack. But I suck at lists. I seem to think I can remember everything I need and most of the time I can, but lately, the mind has been slipping just a little bit and something gets forgotten, which of course wouldn't if I just made a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!