Sunday, July 4, 2010

All The Things I Should Be Doing Right Now!

1. Writing. Yes, first and foremost I should be writing.  Now you might say, “But Robin, you’re writing your blog post.” So yes I am writing but that is not the writing I am referring to. Recently I finished an outline for my novel and after some careful consideration, so much has changed that I have to go back and start rewriting some of what I already have. So, I should be doing that instead of writing about why I should be doing it.

2. Working. I am fortunate to be able to do a lot of my work from home. And this is the non-writing related work I am talking about. The stuff that helps pay the bills. There is so much to do and deadlines are fast approaching.

3. Cleaning the living room. Now that the child has gone to bed I should clean up her daily mess. I tried doing it earlier in the day but after only a few hours toys were scattered everywhere, again. But that will only take a couple of minutes so I can do it when I am finished here.

4. Working on some short stories. Actually I have a non-fiction piece that is almost ready to submit somewhere and the place I have in mind needs to have it by July 15. Time is running out. Sometimes I really wonder why I do that to myself. Avoidance. Fear of rejection? How can I fear rejection when I have so many of them already. They are starting to pile up. But on the upside, I have been submitting. That is progress.

And that is all that I should be doing right now but instead I am blogging. Comedy channel is playing in the background and all I can think is they must be amateurs because they really aren’t very funny. Quite similar to me when you think about it. They are amateurs, struggling in their field, doing what it takes to finally make it big. Like actors and musicians. Comedians and writers. Some will never make it, but at least they try. They don’t give up on their dreams.

So I better get writing. But after I clean the living room. :)

1 comment:

  1. I should be writing and here I am commenting and reading blogs...LOL. I enjoy it though.

    CD

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love...and I will send some back!