Saturday, July 17, 2010

Procrastination...or




Through viewing blogs and the like, I came across this website, Wordle. I don't think there's really a point to any of it except for yet another way to waste time and it doesn't even waste a lot of that but in some ways, it's almost the ideal tool for writers.

I simply put in the link to my blog to see what it would come up with. But you can put in any words you want. What's interesting about this, is that it takes separate words that stand out from your input and randomizes them. Now if you're stuck and can't seem to find something to write, you can look at all these lovely jumbled words and just pick one. Maybe one that stands out above the rest. And start to free fall write. Who knows what may come out of it?

Otherwise, it's just another way to procrastinate. Use it to your benefit or not at all.

1 comment:

  1. You can also see what words you're using really often (maybe too often) by their size within the ranks. I was shocked when I first did this last December for one of my old blogs. I thought I wrote more about something than I did -- and I was actually writing a lot more about something else I'd considered just extraneous. ;)

    But yes, it's also a pretty way to procrastinate! :D

    ReplyDelete

Send me some love...and I will send some back!