1. People that think they know everything. Take my husband for example. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate him, I just hate some of the things he does sometimes. Like when he's had just a touch too much to drink and I try to have a conversation with him. He suddenly thinks he's goddamned Einstein and no one else can have an opinion or he just has all the answers to all the problems in the world. If only Canada did things like the Europeans we would be much better off. Aargh. And then, rather than
having an interesting discussion or debate, I find myself defending the dude who cleans the C-Train platforms, or the girl behind the counter at the 7-11. I don't even know these people for god's sake.
2. Drunk people. See number 1. Must add though, drunk people aren't so bad when I too am drunk. Actually they're funny as all hell. But I can't remember the last time I was drunk. *sigh*
3. Green peppers. The world would be a much better place without them.
4. People who don't clean up their dog's shit when they're taking them for a walk. You know who you are.
5. People who offer advice or suggestions on how to do something, but don't actually offer to help and then they get upset when you don't take their advice.
6. People who think they're going to get rich writing. And even more so, they're going to do it by self-publishing their book. YOU are NOT J.K Rowling, or Stefanie Meyer. And they can't even write all that well and have no desire to improve the quality of their work. Crap does not sell. Bad writing does not sell. Crap is self-published all the time. If you want to self-publish, at least make sure your writing is the very best it can be first. It's good to have dreams and to strive to reach those dreams. But writing is a lot of hard work and it's not just about the book. It's about each word carefully placed to bring a scene alive on the page to make your reader feel something. It's art and it takes practice. I also don't think any writer is every really there. There is always something else to learn.
7. Mean people. I used to have a shirt that read, Mean People Suck. Funny how suddenly I feel like the mean person. I am in a rather foul mood today. Not really a bad mood, but just a mood in which I am annoyed, frustrated and just want to be left alone. Believe it or not, I am not always sunshine and roses. Actually I'm never sunshine and roses, but whatever. People think I am a lot nicer than I am. Maybe I have them fooled, or maybe I am just rambling again.
8. Screaming children and people who fight with their spouse. Loudly. What do they really think is going to be accomplished by raising their voice or throwing things?
9. Rejection letters.
10. When I can't find something new to write about so I blog about things I hate just for the hell of it.