I know I haven’t quite been the good girl I had promised myself to be. I failed at being true to myself and, in doing so, I failed at being true to others. Some have complained I haven’t been showing them my recent writing lately. That’s because there isn’t any. No excuse, I know! But I’d still love it if you brought me tons of white paper and inspiration, just like you did last year, despite me being just a slack-off.
So here’s my to-do list for next year:
- I will start all my days with morning pages.
- I will work at least ten hours a week on actual stories, poems, and my first novel outline.
- I will offer myself at least one writing workshop and one writing retreat.
- I will actively search for people who are at a similar level of writing as I am.
- I will actively search for people who are better writers than I am and can coach and mentor me.
- I will find a publisher.
- I will save money for pursuing an MA in Creative Writing.
- I promise myself to stick to my to-do list next year.
And I challenge myself to start writing in German. And if I don’t, you can take all my pencils and notebooks away. Amen.
Yours truly,(You know much too well who I am)