Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Love Just Keeps on Coming

I've been slightly non-existent from the bloggie world for a little while. As if you hadn't noticed. Since the ear infection and what have you, I've played catch up and boy have I caught up.

And then I've had some fabulous news. Well, fabulous to me at least. I learned the other day that one of my short stories has been short-listed in a fiction contest. I can hardly contain myself. Also, another publication is coming my way later in the year. Maybe this writing thing isn't so far-fetched after all. Maybe I can actually write a decent story. And maybe I should start giving myself and my writing a little more credit. But I think that comes with the territory.

And then when I think the love can't get any better, what do you know, Apryl over at So F*cking Fabulous I Piss Glitter gave me a couple of awards.


First, something about 7 facts, where I have to share, 7 useless secrets, or maybe not so much secrets, but useless trivia about moi. I really am not that interesting but all in the name of good sportsmanship, I will cooperate and see if I can't come up with something that won't make you all groan or run for cover, never speaking to me again. And then there might be some of you that say, OMG, I can't believe she just admitted that. But I can take it. I've been through worse, I am sure.

But it really is a pretty award. I like sunflowers. They are all sunny and flowery and makes me think of anything but SNOW and COLD.

After I come up with my useless facts, I am then supposed to nominate 15 other blogs to receive the love too.


And then there is the Versatile Blogger Award. Well, if I am anything it's versatile. I don't have specific topic, I just write what ever happens to float through my little brain and sometimes it's short, barely lucid and painful and then on other occasions, I might have some deep thoughts. Or I just want to talk about writing, or talk about my child because she's funny. Or sometimes the off the wall antics of my husband. I guess, in short, there is always something to write about, which makes me wonder why I get these lags now and again.

Now, let's see...

7 Facts About Moi or All the Things you Never Really Wanted to Know But Now are Forced to.

1. My husband and I have a lot of mindless conversations. Example:

The other day I walked in the front door and in my hubby's over-dramatizing way:

HUBBY: I'm depressed.

ME: Well take off your pants.

HUBBY: Is that all you think about?

ME: Pretty much. At this age there isn't much else to think about.

HUBBY: Your eggs are just dying.

ME: Yeah. Pretty soon they'll need crutches.

HUBBY: *Rolls his eyes.*

On the positive side, we keep it interesting. And maybe that also means I am a little bit of a comedienne. Who knew?

2. I know I've mentioned this at some point before but I will mention it again because it's just too weird to not tell people, again. You know that crinkly, rattly scrunchy sound a plastic bag makes? Well I hate it. It makes my skin crawl and is almost as bad as the nails down the chalkboard thing.

3. I am a worrier. I am finally admitting it. Thanks Mom, it must be hereditary. I worry about small things, I worry about big things. Probably why I have a hard time sleeping at night.

4. I'm shy. Ha ha. I know what most of you that know me are thinking. But it's true. There are many different levels to being shy and there are many social situations that I am extremely uncomfortable in, but I try not to let it show. But it's there. It really, really is. Honest.

5. I'm a pathological liar. Okay, not am, and maybe never was, but you know how you tell yourself something long enough that isn't true, so long that you start to actually believe it? You've created so many fabrications around a certain subject that it becomes part of your life, as if it was a real experienced memory. I did something of the sort when I was in Jr. High School and even to this day, I have to remind myself that it didn't actually happen. Makes you realize the mind is much more moldable than you might have once thought. Seriously, anyone could be brainwashed.

6. I hate Jerry Springer. Okay, not him personally because he never did anything to me, but the show. My god. The show. How much do they pay these people to come on stage and act like trailer trash? I bet it's a lot. Maybe I could do something like that. Now you might think, if you don't like the show, then don't watch it, but it's not that simple. My husband is in love with Jerry and the tramps on the show. I think he harbours a secret desire to live in a trailer park. Not that I've actually got anything against trailer parks, it's just the whole stigma surrounding them. You have seen Trailer Park Boys, haven't you?

7. I love to write. Okay, this is exactly news, maybe a bit of a cop out, but hey, when you get to the end, what else is there to do? I could counter Apryl's fact that she can touch her head with her feet, backwards, by saying, I so totally can't. That does require flexibility so Apryl, in case you were wondering, that is actually a pretty big feat.

Whew, I think I did it. 7 Little Factoids.

And now I have to pass the awards on to some other worthy peeps. But I will have to do that a little later. For now I am going to leave you with my facts and fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!