Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Christmas Is Coming

So Hallowe'en is over and now the next thing we Canadians have to think about is Christmas.  Even though it's less than two months away, I am already making plans and actually looking forward to it this year.  Believe it or not, I have even started shopping already.  I only have one thing but that's one more thing than I normally have this time of year.  Usually we wait until December to do the shopping but I am so tired of spending all that money at one time and then being stressed about the other bills, so not this year.  My goal is to have at least 3/4 of the shopping done by the end of November.

When is the right time to put up lights and the Christmas tree?  Last year we did it the middle of November but I thought that was too early, but Arie wanted to do it so bad.  I have this sneaking suspicion that he really likes Christmas.  This year will be even more fun now that Julianne is a little older and can actually open her own gifts.  I hope. 

So Arie wants to do it early again and now he even wants to wait until 10 or 11 in the morning to open presents.  That's just not natural.  Presents are meant to be opened first thing in the morning.  Well at least the stockings are but it still doesn't seem normal to wait that long.  I guess we will just play it by ear and see what happens. 

As well as the gifts, I am already planning my Christmas dinner.  That is the fun part.  Looking for interesting recipes for different things just to get an idea of what to do.  Looking forward to it.  Maybe I will even share some of my findings. 

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!