Monday, November 9, 2009

I was walking through Superstore today with Arie and Julianne and out of nowhere I suddenly see Mark coming towards me, in the same aisle.  I won't bother explaining who Mark is, because I am sure that most of the people reading this already know him.  I felt every part of my body tense up and it was like the air was sucked out of my own personal bubble.  I stared forward and tried to not even look at him.  I didn't even turn to see where my husband and daughter were, I just kept moving forward.  I didn't want to turn around for fear that he had recognized me and had turned to confirm.  If I had turned around and he had seen me, it would have confirmed to each other that we had been noticed and I know I sure didn't want that. 
All I wanted to do was get out of that store.  We were already heading for the checkout anyways but now I was really in a hurry.  My face felt flushed and I felt a wave of nausea.  I needed air and quickly.  I hadn't realized it but I must have been holding my breath, for the second we stepped outside the air was released and I felt better as the cool November air washed over me.
When we got in the car, all I wanted to do was tell my husband how much I appreciate him and my daughter and to thank him for the wonderful life I now have. 
I never would have thought that seeing someone that has not been a part of my life in several years would have had such a negative impact.  Even though those were probably some of the worst years of my life, but it's over and I have a wonderful husband and daughter.
Never forget what you have and hold on to it.  Appreciate it.  Love it.

2 comments:

Send me some love...and I will send some back!