Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Take A Deep Breath

Just when I thought I was going to lose it, I told myself, take a deep breath, be patient, it's no big deal.  Cereal all over the floor.  Yes, Julianne has this wonderful habit of not wanting to eat her food out of a bowl or off of a plate.  Instead she tips everything over so she eat it off the table or her high chair tray.  This morning it was the table.  We are trying to teach her to eat at the table like the rest of us but unfortunately the table doesn't go as far in as the high chair tray.  So this morning as soon as she got a hold of the bowl of cereal I gave her (no milk) it was all over the floor in seconds.  For a split second I wanted to scream but I gained my composure and realized, kids will be kids and this is the way she likes it.  Even though it means I will be down on the floor cleaning up every last tiny little morsel.  It was no small mess that's for sure but I was proud of myself for staying calm and just going with the flow.  Sorry for the cliche.

For some of you, that I know are reading this, this might be a deterant for having your own children, but it all comes with the territory.  Take from it what you will.  It's just a tiny setback or annoyance within all the great reasons for having a child.  There are good days and there are bad days.  It comes down to choosing which ones are going to be the good ones and what things you are going to let bother you.  Granted there are days that you just can't avoid it.  The days you want to pull your hair out and ask, what the hell was I thinking.  But in the end it is still worth it.  So far anyway.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!