Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post Christmas Confusion/Chaos

Getting back into the regular and mundane is so bloody hard after the holidays. It's worse than taking a two week vacation in the Bahamas and trying to get back to work.

The house is chaos. Chocolate wrappers, unwrapped Christmas gifts scattered all over the floor, still tucked under the tree. Holiday leftovers overflowing from the fridge, it won't all fit you know. A stead non-stop vibration of the dishwasher trying to play catch up just as much as me. And the family glued to the newest most exciting gift of the season.

For hubby it's his new laptop. For daughter, it's our OLD laptop. Funny when you realize you really didn't have to give the child anything. Just give her the old hand me down and she's happy as can be.

For me, I don't know what it is for me. I got some great gifts, but I really wanna do is get back to writing but the motivation is still skirting somewhere along the fringe of normal life and post Christmas laziness.

The problem with the Christmas season, I think, is the few days you are supposed to get back to work, get back to normal, and then WHAM! in the middle of it all, another fricking holiday. A holiday by the way, that is just no good for us old people. I can't party and drink like I used to. With each passing New Year, it's a constant reminder of just how old I'm getting.

I know, I know. Many will say, you're not even 40. And they're right. But I am too old to stay up partying and trying to deal with the hangover the following day. It's just not how it used to be.

Anyway, I am getting quite a selection of books for review for 2012. Still accepting more, so send them my way. Need all the motivation I can get to get back to the daily grind.

Happy New Year, peeps. Hope you're getting over your post-Christmas chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!