Thursday, January 7, 2010

Joining the Land of "The List"

Before I get into the real topic of this post this morning, I just want to say thanks to all the people that offered some positive words based on my post of yesterday.  I will point out, the day did not get any better until late into the evening when said crazy daughter curled up in mommy's arms and snuggled until she was ready to go to bed.  All the stresses of the day just melted away and I was reminded what this is all for.  Why we choose to have children and what a great privilage it is to be allowed to raise and mold a child to adulthood. 
I really have to thank one of my loyal readers (you know who you are, Mom :) ) for this link to tips on disciplining a toddler. in a positive way. Don't get me wrong, I have been a great advocate for offering praise when she does something good or accomplishes something and even when she listens when we tell her no, but my consistancy lacks.

I awoke this morning determined to be patient and to try being a positive role model to my child.  So, as much as I hate to admit it, sometimes moms do have great advice. 

Now in other news...the last couple of days I have spent a lot of time searching and reading other people's blogs.  Some through links from other blog sites that I already follow and some just by hitting NEXT BLOG, found at the top of my screen.  I happened across a blog awhile back, Confessions of a Twenty Something Year Old and even though I am beyond the 20 somethings I find it interesting to read how current 20 somethings view life and what has changed if anything since I was there.  So, upon following this blog for the past week, I was directed to another blog that has really struck my interest.  Reinventing Sandy B  The common thread is The List.  Cheryl from Confessions of a Twenty Something Year Old guest posted on Reinventing Sandy B with a list of all the things she wants to accomplish before she turns 30 and Sandy's whole purpose of her blog is to account for the things she wants to do before she turns 30.  (Plus so much more.  Very good read.  I suggest you check it out.) 

So, enters 'the list'.

Now many of you will say, "But Robin, it's too late to have a list of all the things you want to accomplish before you turn 30".  And yes you would be right.  I am already half way into my 30's so I thought of a different list. 

All the Things I Wanted to Do Before 30 but Was Too Afraid to Try...So Now Before 40.

I still have to iron out some details and get all my thoughts in order, so I will compile and post this so called list soon.  I just wanted to give you a heads up and maybe you want to compile your own list.  No matter how old you are, you're never too old to have a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!