Through the help of Frazzled Wifey over at Oops I Forgot To Breathe, and because I don't have anything in particular to write about today, I thought I would join in Talkin' About Thursdays. Click the pic above to go to My Cup 2 Yours to join in the fun. Follow her instructions and voila...you can participate.
So I have to come up with 5 things about myself to share with the bloggy world and my friends that are already following me then link up to the blog hop on above mentioned page.
So here goes...this probably won't be all that exciting cause frankly I have a pretty mundane life...but it's my life and so far I am enjoying it.
1. I was born and raised in Prince George, BC, Canada but ended up moving around a lot growing up. Being in Calgary now for almost 10 years is the longest I have ever lived in any one place and I have no intentions of moving anytime soon.
2. I have been married for almost 3 years and today it is just as wonderful as it was at the beginning. It was a whirlwind romance...we got married less than a year from the time we first actually met in person. I do think I am one of the luckiest girls around to have found such a wonderful husband. He is from Holland and was still living there when we met but after a short time decided to immigrate to Canada. We now have one beautiful daughter and hope to add more to the family at some point.
3. I am a hopelessly optimistic person. I tend to look for the good in everyone and every situation before the bad. Yes this has backfired on me on numerous occasions...but I still believe (and pardon the cliche) every cloud has a silver lining. Sorry Apryl...had to say it.
4. I do not let my past define who I am because it's all about the here and now and what is to come. Every day is a new day.
5. I love to write...I love my part-time employment but secretly (well maybe not so secretly) wish that I could just be a full time stay at home mom and write to my heart's content. But realistically I know that's not possible until I am actually making some money from writing. Honestly, I don't try as hard as I really should but work in baby steps.
Well I guess that's it for now. I am glad I only had to write 5 things, cause I might have been stumped with many more.