Thursday, December 3, 2009

As promised, my loyal readers now get two posts from me in one day!  What is this world coming to?

I have no clues as to what to write about, nothing all that interesting happening on the home front and I refuse to write about our sub-zero temperatures. 

Julianne is eating lunch.  PB&J with bananas again.  And watching Big Comfy Couch on Treehouse.  She loves that show.  Giggles and giggles and giggles.  It's such a treat when she's that happy.  Don't get me wrong she is happy most of the time, but lately she has been having a few more cranky days than I am used to.  But I must brace myself because I know this is nothing compared to what she might be like in a few years. 

My Grandma might be making the trek over the Rocky Mountains to join us for Christmas.  She is alone now since Grandpa died almost 9 years ago and most of the rest of the family left Invermere to get on with their own lives.  Everytime I talk to her she seems so lonely, and she's almost 85 years old so we came up with a plan to get her over for Christmas.  She is excited about the possibility but could still change her mind before the time comes.  It would be nice to have her here.  I haven't spent a Christmas with her since I was about 13 years old.  Yes it's been that long.  Maybe even since I was 12.  That's a long time if you know how old I am now.  And she hasn't seen my brother in even longer.  Since he was about 4 or 5 if I were to hazard a guess.  He is now 26.  So you can imagine how that will be for both of them.

Well, Julianne is just about done with her lunch and the TV show will be over shortly so I must go prepare myself to be her entertainment.  Oh the joys of motherhood.  I get to be a kid again.  What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!