Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday Quibbles

It's Monday again.  Yes people, it comes around continuously, whether we want it to or not, every seven days in fact.  For most it's the dreaded beginning of the work week, for some it's not.  Those are the lucky people that work from home so everyday is a work day for them.  Unless of course you have a set schedule and give yourself regular days off.  Or you could work from home and do absolutely nothing even though you're supposed to but instead you leave it all to the very last possible minute and still get it done and no one is the wiser, except you of course.
I  must admit lately, I fall into that last category.  There is a long list of things I should have gotten done at home but the weather has somehow left me uninspired.  I look outside and just the thought of how cold it is outside, for some reason just makes me want to curl up under a blanket with a good book and wait until it blows over.  Even though it is nice and toasty warm inside, Julianne is napping and I have all the time in the world to get a lot done.  In between loads of laundry.  In between cleaning the house, collecting scattered toys and putting them in one spot even though I know that later they will be scattered everywhere again. 
The dishes are washing, there are only a few to do by hand and really that's it.  And of course I sit here in front of my computer blogging about all the things I should be doing, and precious time is slipping away.  Julianne will only sleep for so long, I should be taking advantage of the quiet time but at the same time, when she is asleep I should be taking advantage of the chance to get some much needed housework done. 
There never seems to be enough time.  If only we could add just a few more hours to the day, I could get so much more done.  More housework, more Facebook, more time with my daughter and husband.  I have the feeling I still wouldn't have the time to get the actual paying work done. 
Priorities? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!