Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Phone Keeps Ringing

I am so tired of telemarketers and telephone surveys.  It's gotten to the point that if I don't recognize the phone number I won't answer the phone.  Or if it's an 800, 877 or 888 number, don't expect the phone to be answered. 
For the last week, I have been getting this one phone caller that always comes up as a Private Caller.  That's annoying too because I have some friends that come up as private caller, so do you answer or not.  The choice of late has been not.  If it's someone I know, they will leave a message.  If it's an important call, they will leave a message.  Well this one particular caller was not leaving a message and I was continually ignore it.  Then they started calling at ALL hours.  First mostly in the evening, then in the mid afternoon and then finally it started in the morning.  Give me a break.  You would think if the phone is not answered after a few days of calling these people would give up and move on to the next victim.  But no, they are persistant.

So last night after they had called three times yesterday, I finally gave in and answered the phone.  I have a hard time hanging up on people and I have a hard time telling people I am not interested in what they are selling, or for them not to call me anymore.  Hence the reason for just not answering.  But alas, I gave in because I wanted the calls to stop.

Lucky for me they weren't selling anything, it was just a survey.  Fine I don't mind the surveys, as long as they aren't dreadfully long.
So mystery caller has been identified.  Let's see how long it takes for the next one to get that persistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!