Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Did It!

Julianne's first intelligable words other than Mama or Dada.  I couldn't believe it.  Last night she woke in the middle of the night screaming.  Bad dream perhaps but I still find it hard to believe that a child under 2 can have nightmares.  What could they possibly have nightmares about?  But whatever.  The fact still remains that she woke up and she was not happy.  A blood curdling scream in fact.  But once she was up, she was fine.  Happy and wanted to play. 
She has just recently learned how to climb on the couch unassisted and last night was no exception.  She pulled herself up onto the couch, turned and sat properly, and proudly exclaimed, "I did it."  Arie and I were so surprised and pleased.  Of course my initial reaction was that it was a fluke.  But I repeated the 3 word phrase to her and she said it again.  It was absolutely one of the cutest things I have seen in a long time, another step in her already fast moving life.  She is growing up so fast, I can't keep up. 
I often sit and wonder what life will be like when she's 15.  In that dreadful teenage, coming of age, stage.  And I just hope that I can be there for her, or that she will let me be there for her, like I was last night.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!