Thursday, December 10, 2009

Daddy's Girl

It's too early for me to be awake.  Well, not in normal person standards but it doesn't help that Julianne decided it was a good idea to stay up until after midnight.  Everytime we tried to put her to bed, she cried.  Everytime Arie tried to go to bed himself as he had to get up early for work, she cried.  But if she was with him, she was fine.  She even followed him around like a lost puppy and then when he wasn't in sight, she cried.  I seriously think this is taking Daddy's Girl to a whole new level.  Certainly she seems to favour him more than me and I am ok with that because I still get my fair amount of attention from her but this is going to a whole new level.  While Arie is flattered (and irritated for still being awake at 12:30 in the morning) I am a little insulted, (but not that much).  More irritated too for still being up at 12:30 and not having been able to have my relaxing few hours before bed.  So much for evening television.  The one thing that I look forward too after she has gone to bed, a couple of hours of just sitting and not having to think.  But apparently she had other plans for us.  Thankfully she is still sleeping but it won't be for much longer.  I heard her making noice already and soon the guy is coming to install this new electric fireplace.  Apparently they don't fit in the fireplaces all that well so he is going to have to be cutting portions of the old fireplace to make it fit.  It's going to be such a joy.  And of course, once again it is snowing and cold.  If it warms up to something semi-reasonable I will take Julianne out to play in the snow, but we can't (or rather, I won't) drive on these streets with her in the car unless I absolutely have to.  But a little snow fun might be in order.  It's currently -12 with a windchill of -20. 
Did I mention how much I hate winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!