Thursday, December 17, 2009

Resolutions...

I fear it's that time of year again where we vow to make New Year's resolutions only to fail miserably within the first week (or month for the truly dedicated) of the new year.

I gave up making resolutions as I admit I am one that usually barely makes the first week.  I prefer to set goals.  But not year long goals, just goals to be completed at my leisure.  Ok that's kind of defeating the purpose because in my set up there is no chance of failure unless I die too soon.  But then I am not around to know that I failed and feel guilty about it.  My loved ones could go on thinking, 'It's so sad, she didn't complete all the goals she set for herself.'  But they would get over it.  Of that I am sure.  Because really isn't about living each day of your life to the absolute fullest?  Maybe you would rather spend some much needed quality time with your family rather than go to the gym and work off that 25lbs you vowed to shed.  You just never know when your time is up.  Do the things you love and love the things you do.

There is nothing wrong though with setting a few personal goals.  I do it all the time.  Mostly with my writing but maybe it's time to set some goals for my life.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!