Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Not quite sure what to write about today.  Nothing new and exciting has developed in our lovely household.  It's warmer today than it has been in a few days.  A balmy -15.  I think it's time to break out the summer clothes.  Funny how we get so climatized.  When it's -20 for awhile, suddenly -1 is incredibly warm but when we have experienced +20 for several days, +5 feels cold.  Our bodies are strange that way.  But either way you cut it, I hate being cold.  I would rather be sweating from the heat than shivering from the cold.  Give me +30 temperatures everyday and I am happy.  Ok maybe that's a little much but between +20-+25 would be ideal.  I think I need to move south.  Really far south.

Our landlord is taking out our wood burning fireplaces and installing electric ones.  Not sure what I think about that.  I like the wood burning but at the same time I have been smelling smoke from other apartments quite frequently and it's nerve wracking when you aren't sure where it's coming from.  Just last night I could smell it and I thought it was coming from my computer because the only time I could smell it was when I was sitting in front of it.  I kept smelling the computer just to make sure but it was fine and it wasn't even warm. Had to be coming from somewhere else.  So maybe this change will be a good thing.  Although if it's used, the electric bill will go up.  Wood is cheaper but more dangerous.  On the other hand, Julianne won't be able to get into the fireplace anymore so that is a blessing, although she has been pretty good about that lately.  Her latest thing has been to unplug the christmas lights and then try to plug them in again.  I am not really ok with that.  But I know eventually she will get over it.  Just not sure when that will be.

And she can climb up on the kitchen chairs now to sit at the table.  The only problem with that is that it's where my laptop is and that's the only reason she wants to climb up there.  Then when we don't let her, she gets angry and throws a little temper tantrum.  I fear she is going to be one of those.  Those children you see in the department stores that throw a fit when they don't get what they want.  Not looking forward to that.  But one baby step at a time.  With all the negative things that are still to come, I know there are going to be a lot of good times to come as well.  Funny how we only think about the bad things though.  I guess cause we can't predict the good, but the bad is inevitable.

Well enough of that.  Gotta go take a shower since the little one is down for a nap.  Oh the peace and quiet.  Enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!