Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

We finally did it!  The Christmas tree is up and the house is decorated.  It had to be the cutest experience ever with little Julianne and her first tree decorating party.  She watched so carefully as I started to put the decorations on the tree and then she decided she wanted to help.  First she started out just handing me the decorations but soon realized she could do it herself.  She took several of the decorations and laid them ever so nicely IN the tree so that they rested precariously on the branches.  Of course she couldn't actually get the strings over the ends of the limbs in order for them to dangle nicely.  But she was so proud of herself.
Surprisingly after the tree was decorated and lit, she has hardly tried to touch it.  I thought this would be a lot more difficult but the few times that she did try to steal the balls off the tree, we told her no and she left them alone.  Today, at least as long as I have been up, she has not tried to touch the tree at all.

We wanted to take her out to play in the snow today but it's a little too cold.  Currently -8 but very windy.  I am not sure what the windchill is at the moment but it is definately too cold to take her out to play.  If it wasn't so windy we would bundle her up and take her out.  Besides, I think she is starting to get a little cold.  It's not too bad yet but she has been sneezing and last night had a pretty runny nose.  Of course she had been crying so it's hard to tell if the runny nose was because of that or if it was because of an oncoming cold.  I guess only time will tell.  She seems happy enough and is eating properly so there may be nothing to worry about.

As soon as the camera is recharged I will add some pictures of the pretty tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send me some love...and I will send some back!